Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

more bad news

granny is ina coma and wont last
the mechanic(and i use that term loosely) couldnt figure out what was wrong with the truck after they fixed it yesterday, so we took it to the FORD dealership. FORD just called. the work the other garage did (cost almost 600$)broke the truck so badly it will cost another 1500.00 to fix. they are writing up a report with their findings but heres a list:
bolts were "floating around". 2 were not tight, the ones that fell off damaged the intake gasket. 3 different things/lines were "crushed, "crimped" and otherwise compromised. it was a complete disaster.
will the first garage cover the expenses without a huge fight? how do we proceed? how do we start? will we need to sue them? how am i gonna pay for the work that FORD needs to do? can we trust them any more than the first place? how can we roof houses without a truck?
can things get any worse?

8 comments:

Erin said...

(((((((((((ALI)))))))))))) I AM SO SORRY

Mike and Katie said...

That is such a bummer about the truck. I hate having to put all my trust in these mechanics.

Katie

Mike and Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shea said...

This is awful. I am so sorry. Can you rent a truck maybe? I've had my share of bad mechanics. Dumb hubby almost paid for a new transmission from his buddy who had a shop, and I took it down the road to man in a shack, and all I needed was a $100 speed sensor. I'll be praying for you!

trying to survive said...

I found your blog last week and have spent the week reading all your old posts.
Totally understand the vehicle thing. While my husband is a mechanic, which saves tons of money, all of our vehicles will break at once and they never seem to be anything minor.
Hang in there!

Lisa said...

Ohhhhh Ali, I am so sorry. Sending you a huge cyber hug..
{{{{Ali}}}}}

On another note....would you please comment again. I TOLD it to publish and it disappeared. I thought it would reappear a few minutes later but it never did. Sometimes pooters sure do give me the grrrrr's.
Sorry

Alyssa's Mom said...

Ali,

I have figured this out through my own issues with mechanics:

1. Request that they take care of the bill.
2. When they refuse, ask to speak to the manager or owner.
3. When they still refuse, CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND LODGE A COMPLAINT.
4. The Better Business Bureau will immediately contact the business.
5. Said business will be very willing to come to a resolution, at the very least will be willing to offer a compromise.

GOOD LUCK!

Brenda said...

I am sorry about your granny. I hope you can figure out what to do about the truck. Sometimes when it rains it pours.