* Doug got word of his deployment date. 09.11.10 - first to Wisconsin(no idea why), then kuwait for more training, then one year in Afghanistan
* mom is doing great! shes being released on Thursday and will have intense therapy 3 days a week in our own town. stroke was "moderate". She can walk!
* Jackson teases autistic kid and gets in trouble. to me, its not bullying, its sheer lack of social skills, long story, but nothing they are doing , or i am doing, is working because when he wont speak to autistic kid, kid feels hurt and tattles that jack teased him again. what to do?
* got the phone call today that Jackson farts constantly, seemingly "at will", in class to get laughs. funny how he doesnt do that here. he will be home any minute. how do i handle this one? duct tape? Christine?
* refrigerator is fixed, as of just now. $137.00
* truck is now fixed. took 6 days. $1583.00
* furnace is repaired. no bill yet. scared? terrified. thanks.
* long story, but a house we looked at before purchasing this tiny place in may of 05, but didnt go inside because the asking price was 303k(we had a limit of 265k and didnt think the owner would drop the price that much)needs a roof. Yogi went over there to give the guy an estimate and found that the guy paid 270k for it right after we moved in here(UGH) and is now moving to Baltimore and wants to rent it out. we may have a chance to rent it. for the same monthly payment, in the same school district, we'd be gaining:
a 2 car garage,
2 more bedrooms,
basement living/family room,
space for another bedroom down there,
another full bathroom,
above garage storage(or living area),
huge laundry room with tables for folding.......
we wouldnt be home owners anymore, but how can we say NO? Id have space for a fishtank and and a piano again! we'd be able to do foster care again. we've been home owners for over 12 years now, it would be a huge adjustment, calling the landlord to ask permission to paint a bedroom. but for another 1500SF of living/sleeping/playing/storage space.... its a huge decision. have i mentioned that we are not good decision makers?
our babysitter, Courtney(formerly known as "C") is living with us full time now, and she would be able to have her own room. Uncle Tim would have a half bathroom off of his bedroom!
* Kristin needs 300$ to apply to go to Costa Rica to study spanish for the winter. then she needs another $800 to hold her place in the program, all by Nov. 1st. we've given her $400.00 so far. then everything BROKE. i hate college lol
* Shawn talks now. he's so funny! i love him sooo much i cant stand it. my little comedian. hes such a daddy's boy now though. waaa.
* both youngest went to well baby/kid appointments on the 12th. Shawn went from the 1st % ile to the 23rd for weight!!!!! i was so excited. 25 lbs 8 oz. his head is in the 110th % ile ! i blame birth father, J. hes 35 inches tall. 50th %ile! my big boy! Kendyl is 40 lbs 40 inches-40th %ile!(she was always in the 30th for height)
* I'm trying to get my weight down. i suck at it. nuff said. i'm also cranky.
* work has really picked up for Yogi. after the worst aug. & sept. in history, october has been downright ILL. we have work through the holidays and then some. good thing. we hate college lol
* my trip to MI in Sept. was a good thing. my life has changed in more than a few ways. my personal "just me" life. i also started to really pay attention to how much TV the youngest 2 kids watch. i tracked it for 3 weeks. she watched more than i thought! we have cut way way way back. one hour a day is all she watches now. ken LOVES TV. she has been so great about it. we are doing other things now. speaking of other things....
* I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!!!!!! i havent been so happy in years. dumb huh? but i cant hide it. so there. i honestly have to ration my time with my camera. thats sick. sometimes i lock the bitch up. dont judge lol
* Courtney eats weird stuff. she has celiac disease and is allergic to gluten. the stuff is gross and expensive. good thing i love her.
* Courtney was hired by TARGET! can you say DISCOUNT? i think i am more excited than she is. Momma needs a new pair of .. umm.. i dont know lol
* Yogi is THE MAN. best husband and Father EVER. believe it! i am so happy. but i always was.
* uncle Tim celebrated one year with us on Oct. 4th. we love him and want him to stay forever, even though hes really different than any of us. i guess everybody here is different than everybody else!
* not sure how we are handling Christmas this year. when i think about it, i feel nervous and sick to my stomach. it will be very hard, whether we move or stay here. there are 9 people here. one income.
* forgot something- Doug moved out and is renting an apartment in the city with ben & chelsee. so far so good. he still eats our food. he thought he finally had a full time job as a mechanic, but they want him every weekend and he has Army drill one weekend a month, so they decided not to hire him. ILLEGAL, but true.
i guess thats it for now, i must go be the chef. the boys are on a HUGE roof for the entire week. i even "meal planned". arent you proud?
love all 7 of you! al